Thursday, 23 July 2026

Strimming!!

 There is actually rain forecast for the next three days...but no promises as to how much or exactly where and when!!

That meant that garden tidying couldn't be postponed any longer...and it also meant strimming... Around the edges at the front and tidy the elder. I wish to be able to reach the fruit!!

Then after coffee, round all the edges and paths in the back garden, including to the back gate.  Openreach should be here tomorrow morning to fit a fibre broadband cable. The main pole for 12 properties is by my back gate!...the one that the birds take turns canoodling on it...

and after all that....late lunch and rest!!












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wondering if you got the sewing machine to behave - problems like that make me very upset as I am not at all mechanical. Having said that, I do find that a new needle (correctly sized!), new thread (incase the old thread was dusty, it would be at my house) and running a little paintbrush around all the "works" I can reach to remove dust there frequently helps a lot. Dust seems to be a theme with me, I probably should work harder on getting rid of it before it gets in the sewing machine.

Ceci

Amypie71 said...

I use to have a very old sewing machine from the 1960s, I had too many issues with it in the end so I had to op shop it, now we have a newer one we got from spotlight which works well, have a nice weekend.

gz said...

both of my handraulic Singers are nearly 100 years old. My Bernina electric is an older one...little plastic to break!

gz said...

older meaning probably 1960s