A mostly sunny day for a change..taking a breather before tomorrow I think!
Today's achievements have been mainly
A jungly greenhouse...
(note to self...sow seeds earlier next year AND look after them properly!)
foraging...apples plums and brambles...and watching swallows...
a much nicer sight than the metal birds that have been roaring overhead for the Ayr International Air show...
I gave my over the road neighbour a couple of pounds each of apples and plums, and received three ripe tomatoes from her greenhouse!
Then after a cuppa, painting time....
Using watercolour washes on a print.
It will be interesting to see how these sell.
I must look through my drawing books and photos to find the next images to make.









5 comments:
The washes on the print are exquisite. Very beautiful. And your greenhouse looks so productive!
A fair swap? We have been collecting windfall apples and pears from our garden but most left on the tree are quite wormy. If we are lucky we get one or two tomatoes from our six plants. Not a great harvest this year.
Oh, a produce swap! We had a few paltry yellow squash for ourselves, but nothing that would delight any neighbor, sadly. The colors on your prints remind me of the squash flowers that bloomed on our plants. Lovely.
Fresh home-grown tomatoes are great, and your fruit harvest sounds generous.
Every year I have not to self "sow earlier" and never seem to. Must try and get around to it.
Post a Comment