Stationery items were needed...and there is no longer anywhere to buy much in the line of price labels, year planners , notebooks et al. WHSmith is no more...
Bus riding today..after delivering cards to the Dancing Thistle...and a copy of a couple of chutney recipes for someone I see working in Lidls..we'd been talking about the fresh figs!!...,then off to Glasgow on the bus. Which was late leaving....not just heavy traffic and roadworks....more passengers!! the £2 single fare has started here....in under 5 miles of the 40, the bus was full and having to drive past potential passengers! (there would have been another close behind as he started 20 minutes late...on Saturdays it is reduced to a 30 minute frequency)
I walked down the hill to Sauchiehall street to Ryman's...found everything I needed...and came out of the shop thinking...coffee would be nice....then looked along the pedestrianised street. Wall to wall people...in both directions....straight back to the bus station, onto the bus and away!!!
And home again just before the rain set in!!

No comments:
Post a Comment