Days at the gallery leave me feeling washed out the following day.possibly because it is a day without much moving around, let alone exercise. Because of that, I don't sleep well..which compounds the problem.
So today was, shall we say...low key. I wasn't a day for much walking either, with sudden showers!
I did a little tidying in the greenhouse. Taking out the tomato plants that are going nowhere, taking off leaves that are past their best. Hoping that the blight stays out of the greenhouse!
The squash are making the greenhouse all jungly!! the squashes are only large marble size...but it shows what is possible, if I get them going early enough.
The plums that I'd foraged were crying out for attention....Three and a half pounds are now being pickled..a sweet pickle..this takes over a week after the first cooking in the oven, each day boiling up the vinegar syrup then pouring it back over the plums.
I had bought some limes, reduced to pence..they are now being pickled on the windowsill in a large glass jar.
As the oven was warm...a batch of granola went in.
None of these were a lot of work...and plenty of breaks were had!
The last job, start a batch of yoghurt..that looks after itself overnight.
Then to Duolingo. The course finished at level 129, I've gone back to the beginning...
We'll see if I remember enough!!





No comments:
Post a Comment