New shoes!
After getting new top teeth (a new plate) I hopped on the express bus to Glasgow.
Walked down the long hill to Argyll Street and found Clark's shoe shop.
I said "I'd just like another pair like the ones I'm wearing" !! The lad serving was very doubtful....but eventually I spotted two. One was leather, which I wanted...but the back was far too high and the sole not quite right.
Then I noticed these....Nubuck not leather, so I'll need to treat them somehow..I'll ask the "Little Cobbler" in Ayr. That is the nearest I'll get to the shoes that I bought ten years ago in the Clark's outlet shop in Gretna Green!! The old ones will carry on of course, they aren't falling apart quite yet!!
It is another story about the teeth however.
After a sandwich lunch on the bus back...I had an hour in Glasgow and that was enough!!! (far too peoply even on a Thursday lunchtime!!) The rain as we left the city developed into a downpour!!
In Ayr I just went straight for the bus for home....I didn't fancy walking around in that!! The bus took three times as long as usual as the traffic was jammed up for the first two miles. The Ayr Air Show starts tomorrow...
Making supper I thought to take my new teeth out, just to practice....one side won't budge...so I'll be back to Ayr tomorrow!!
What a day!!


No comments:
Post a Comment