Wednesday 3 May 2023

And the day got better!



 More seedlings are showing themselves.. incentive to sow and plant some more. 

The shallots are looking good..so to keep these company I put in another 12!


I stacked the next layer of the new raised bed, and Pirate screwed blocks in the corners to make it stable.....then spread the compost bin contents....when it is finished I am thinking of squash plants here.


Pirate shortened the pallet that his outdoor workbench stood on, so that this bed could be here!!  A good quick fix and hopefully not too much work and it is an improvement..he is getting tired quickly and I am getting him to take breaks!..we will both be glad when his treatment is organised..the sooner the better!!

Meanwhile I worked on clearing the patch where the rotting raised bed stood.


I don't think that there is any point having a bed here, as the huge laurel bush shades everything, and its roots suck all the goodness from the bed.

I have some spare slabs...and the big potted roses can sit here, as there is enough shelter from the wind here.

It is getting lighter later, too easy to keep on working...but hopefully we have cracked this taking beaks and resting lark!!  Plus turning off the television early enough to get a decent night's sleep.

Why do so many TV channels have interesting programmes on far too late?!

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Going to be at a decent time is so important and so easy to overlook. My problem is being involved in reading blogs and not knowing when to quit.

Debby said...

LOL at your television question. We are like that. We've found so many things that we had no idea about. We're like children in wonderland. It is easy to say, 'just one more...."

Like Joanne, blogs are a problem for me, as well.

Last night, I was in bed before 10 and I slept soundly. It made all the difference this morning.

Steve Reed said...

We never watch anything at broadcast time -- we always stream it later on the iplayer. Looks like you're getting a lot done! I still haven't planted any seeds but hope to remedy that this weekend.

Catalyst said...

TV is a nasty business. I worked in it for 30+ years and grew to hate it.