Tuesday 2 May 2023

Gardening and waiting

 Yesterday we went to the Velodrome in Glasgow... Pirate's last chance before it is closed for maintenance all of the rest of May.

And today he is a little bit tired!!.. especially after insisting on moving the last two barrowloads of soil from a collapsed raised bed..He must learn to ration energy, not just finish the job in hand.

The car in for its annual test today, plus some tlc...I am hoping the bill won't be too big!!

So it is catch up on all those little jobs around the place that add up....washing done, kitchen clean and tidy, emails sorted...and look at how the garden is getting on...it's on and off sun today, still a chillyish breeze, but quite nice.

It's good to see all the fruit bushes and trees getting on with it...but the seeds are a bit reluctant!! Must get out and have another sowing session.



Soil moved....and the next new bed will be where this compost bin stands


Fruit on the way...







And mainly slow greenhouse....the shallots need to go out now where the wheelbarrow is...so I will start hardening them off today.





At this rate I might have to buy tomato plants! But I will give it one more go....they grow fast enough once they start!!




And they are the flowers I manage to grow!!


Roll on Friday....

I have a dental appointment tomorrow, and Thursday Pirate gets his ears cleaned out...it all keeps us going!!

11 comments:

jabblog said...

Pacing oneself is so important - a skill I've never learned!!

Barbara Rogers said...

Lots of care as you tend to garden and home and bodies! May it all go well!

northsider said...

It's looking very verdant in the veg plot.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I hope this gets through, my replies keep getting sent back. That's a fine dandelion you have grown - I love them - what a pity we think of them as weeds.

JayCee said...

It's all coming along really well. Lots of goodies there for later!

Amy said...

I'm not surprised he's tired, you both work very hard.

Joanne Noragon said...

I love little fence of intertwined twigs!

Debby said...

For the first year I will not have a garden. Just a few pot plants.

Susan Heather said...

It is all looking good. Yes, pacing is most important. Something that Doug doesn't seem to comprehend!!!!

Red said...

I like your expression ...fruit on the way.

gz said...

It is hard work getting Pirate to pace himself!!