Friday 26 May 2023

Carrying on


 Waterbutt, re-sited...

The garden is steadily looking tidier..Pirate wants to open the curtains in the morning and see a tidy garden...not Work In Progress, constantly!!

I took advantage of a beautiful sunny day (shorts!!!) to wash twice..bedding and clothes...and get everything dry and ironed. 

I have started netting the fruit as well...the small bed is done, the big bed just over the top of the old polytunnel frame. I will close the rest in as soon as possible.

The plants in the greenhouse are really coming along, and I have set aside a few as gifts to friends.

And at the end of a nice day....a nice sunset. A peregrine falcon was hunting over the rough ground behind the bungalows opposite...but with this tablet even at full stretch it was just a small speck. And yet with our eyes we could identify it.



7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I agree, a first look at the day should be inspiring. Very well spotted falcon...your eyes work pretty well, I'd say.

Susan Heather said...

Lovely to have a fine day to catch up in the garden.

Fresca said...

Aren’t our eyes wonder full, better than any tablet.
That sunset looks like a Turner painting.

northsider said...

It's great to be out in the garden and the 🌞 shining down on us.

Jenny Woolf said...

Nothing nicer than a sunny day to do something.useful or fun with in the garden.

Zhoen said...

The satisfaction of a good day in the garden.

Catalyst said...

I'm afraid I couldn't spot the falcon. And Pirate has the right idea: beautify his morning gaze.