Sunday 28 May 2023

Spring Fling!

 Day out yesterday....saw friends at Southerness and took plants...


Started our Spring Fling visiting Hannah McAndrew and Doug Fitch at Corsock

Took some plants as a gift....and Hannah gave me a bowl! ...Then Pirate bought me a birthday present....and they are in use this morning..


We had yet another spectacular sunset last night


And the seagulls were jumping around on our roof last night...and first thing this morning!!....sunset is about 11 and sunrise about 4 am.....

And this is Pirate's first view of the morning....



10 comments:

JayCee said...

How nice to have such friendly seagulls making hay on your roof!

smartcat said...

Sounds like it was a lovely day.
And you got to visit Hannah and Doug! Nice bowls too!
Weather has been up and down here. We actually had a light frost last week. At midnight I was on the deck frantically covering plants. Just glad the real tropicals were still in.
But my first poppy bloomed yesterday.
Thanks for keeping up with posting on top of everything else.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a perfect morning view to me! I admire how you grow so much food for yourselves.
Happy birthday 🎉 (whenever exactly it is)
—Fresca

The Weaver of Grass said...

Of course being further North you will have longer days than we do - although here in North Yorkshire we do quite well.

Debby said...

My gosh, that's a long day! You get 5 hours of dark? I would have never guessed that. And that is a nice view out the window. Well done. I'm still drinking my morning coffee, but I sat there thinking '...she got spoons for her birthday?' Some folks need their jolt of morning caffeine more than others.

SarahM said...

Southerness is my favourite lighthouse of them all - many happy hours spent playing round about it; I love their pottery, I did have a cruet set by them, but got lost in a move. Garden looking good :)
SarahM

Zhoen said...

There are few things both as satisfying and useful as a good bowl.

Catalyst said...

Oh yes, Pirate's view is quite nice, I think. Happy birthday!

Red said...

Happy birthday. I hope you had a great day.

Joanne Noragon said...

The days are moving on to summer.