Sunday 18 February 2024

Getting nearer

 Pirate is really ready for his op..I just wish that he had seen the light months earlier....but that is past, now we deal with what is. 

He also has the same pre race nerves as when he was racing... understandably!

We managed a short walk after a late lunch...after even a short siesta he takes an hour to get going...the mattress topper has made our bed far too comfortable!!  We checked the frogspawn pond..nothing yet...although yesterday just down from our home I saw a car squashed toad on the road...

The forecast was for overcast and 10% chance of rain...we had light rain and blue sky on our walk, and very inquisitive sheep.






Then shopping for new knickers, 'jamas, dressing gown and sliders...

Ready for tomorrow morning.

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that all goes well.

Susan said...

I'll be thinking of you.

Barbara Rogers said...

Keep on keeping on, you guys are definitely capable of many coping skills for this next big step.

Susan Heather said...

Sending good wishes here as well. He will be pleased to get it over and done with.

Joanne Noragon said...

Best of luck and best wishes, Pirate.

angela said...

During my visit last year I got to shear one of those types of sheep. Such a placid thing it was
Good luck for tomorrow, I’m sure it will all go well. But yes. I totally get the nerves.

Anonymous said...

My best thoughts for you both.

jabblog said...

Good luck!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Thinking of you both. Take care.

Tasker Dunham said...

Hope all goes well and for a quick recovery. What you say about taking a while to get going is so true. The constant tiredness and exhaustion are frustrating.

Fresca said...

I wonder what those sheep are thinking? Are they wondering if you have food? At any rate I am thinking of you and pirate in the final countdown. I imagine this will be so good to have behind you. Love XO

JayCee said...

I think I would be experiencing "holiday tummy" too if it were me.
Sending very best wishes xx

Steve Reed said...

Sending best wishes. Dave is having his operation tomorrow too!

Jim Davis said...

Best wishes for a good outcome.

gallovidian said...

Sending love to you both x

Damselfly said...

Thinking of you both, and sending comforting & healing vibes.

Bovey Belle said...

Good luck for the Pirate's op, and hope all goes well. Try not to worry ((HUGS))

DB Stewart said...

I'm waiting for the frogs again too. However, here in Canada, I won't hear their ribbits for at least two months yet. Sigh.