Wednesday 21 February 2024

Op day +1 , progress

It rained really heavily...again...last night, and was still at it at breakfast time...but I worked out that going by bus was preferable as at every destination, the distance travelled on foot was shorter! So the car went to the garage..and by their entrance gate is the bus stop!!

The rain had eased, thankfully.. another reason for bus travel, apart from taking a rest from driving, and using the car less...is getting a view of the countryside either side for a change!!

Back to the dentist's surgery to see the hygienist..and I passed with flying colours..relief. 

Then a bit of a wander around before lunch...I always leave half an hour between teeth cleaning and food and vice versa to allow my mouth to do it's natural thing...it works.

The Auld Brig...and M&S behind it
Entrance to the yard of the Black Bull, oldest pub in the Newtown area of Ayr, by one end of the auld brig.



Puns galore here...at the other end of town is "Ayr Guitar"...

And the obligatory seagull at the bus station...called Steven, with his girlfriend....

Next bus , 15 minutes ride to the hospital door, through a sharp rain shower...and of course when I reached Pirate, the sun was streaming in through the windows!!
He is recovering slowly but steadily from the op. A good sign? He is asking for two books tomorrow!! I might add a couple of crosswords...
It was good to sit and chat..
Back into town , and only ten minutes wait for the bus back home.

By which time it was decidedly chilly, having been pleasant all day, despite the showers. So nothing got done in the garden....but I did finish the orange and blueberry marmalade.
It is the colour that a good blood orange should be, but just made with Seville Oranges and blueberries..it has a tangy bite which balances the sweetness nicely...and I like the zested peel instead of sliced and chopped peel.


Thankyou all, fellow bloggers for your kind words and compliments and suggestions.  You are a great help, to taking a deep breath and carrying on...and remembering to rest as well!

17 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Glad to hear Pirate's recovery is going well. Sounds as though you had a good day. Nice to use the bus for a change. Hugs to you both.

angela said...

Wow a busy day for you. Hope you didn’t get too wet.
But a nice cuppa and some toast with your new marmalade wouod of been a lovely
Way to warm and relax.
I look forward to cold nights in front of the fire. Today is going to be a scorcher here and we are all under alert for fires

Tom said...

...I hope that he has steady progress.

Boud said...

I'm glad our comments are helpful. And I'm amazed at your perpetual motion study day. I do like how you look for good things all the time, even when it's raining, there's a car in the shop, a partner in the hospital, and a dentist visit. Modeling grace under pressure.

Susan said...

Your buses provide good transportation and seem to meet your needs nicely.
Pirate's recovery +1 sounds very good. I am sure he is happy to see you and know you are accomplishing all the jobs on your list. You are a great team.

Jim Davis said...

Thanks for the update, happy to hear he is progressing well. Your marmalade sounds wonderful.

Joanne Noragon said...

Your days will be busy for a bit, but the bus option is a good one.

Katerinas Blog said...

Very beautiful and interesting photos and description from a rainy day.. Thank you very much!

jabblog said...

All going in the right direction. The sun shining as you reached the hospital seemed a good omen.

JayCee said...

For me, travelling by bus means that I would be able to relax a little on the journey without having any additional unwanted stress of concentrating on driving. You seem to have it all under control. xx

gz said...

Not really Jaycee...paddling furiously under the water level..

Fresca said...

Keep paddling!
Good news—requesting books!!! That would be my first request too. 😆

If you get a chance, I’d love to see a photo of the buses you take – – I wonder if they are regular city buses like the kind I take here? How much is the fare? Here it is two dollars. But I get a discount fare– – half that.
Sending ❤️ ❤️🌟

Debby said...

I missed your edit yesterday, but I am glad that the surgery is done. Now you can focus on adapting.

Damselfly said...

The marmalade sounds wonderful!
Good to hear Pirate's doing well. Sending healing vibes for his continued good progress.
Stay safe, warm, dry & well.
Be kind to yourself.

gz said...

Fresca I don't have to pay in Scotland as I am 60+..and have a Saltire card. When I hear how much people pay for tickets I wince....
The gulls were on the roof of a super duper coach type bus which does the express route to Glasgow.

Fresca said...

Thanks for saying!

Steve Reed said...

Steven Seagull! Ha!

Yes, rest and self-care is so important in situations like this. Don't neglect your own needs!