Saturday 24 February 2024

Op + 4. Getting out and about

 After dropping off a few goodies to Pirate, I went to Kilmarnock for some chiropractic treatment...one un-achey shoulder, and my lower back is gradually improving every time I go.. treatment finished off with a big hug...de-stressing me! He is a great friend...and a good musician as well.

I managed a brisk walk in the town centre first....

Couldn't miss this one for Cro....


And the swimmers in the main shopping street..I think that street it built over a river..




There are a few others dotted around the centre of the town, all related to it's history.

Back to Ayr, where the laptop has gone to computer hospital. It has decided to turn itself off. If they can get it going ok, it's operating system needs updating..which it would normally do automatically... usually it asks you first... unfortunately the working but of its brain...not the bit the user uses...is full for some reason, so hasn't been doing it. So I am on Linux 90.  

Linux has just updated to version 123.   Which I need for Ancestry as they won't even accept version 122.  Much discussion has been going on on farcebook groups about this. It also sounds as if with all the increased work, their servers might be creaking under an overload...

Then up to Cumnock...a nice new pair of jeans (mens...made better!) from an op shop...£7.50, I don't mind that, thankyou!!  Next a visit to Mary's Fabrics for pricing curtain lining and rufflette to take the curtain hooks. A lovely small local shop with people who know and love what they sell!!

On to Mauchline to "nae sae new" ( not so new) the secondhand emporium in a four storey feed mill.  They hadn't got what I need for the kitchen, but it was good to see the friends who run it and to see them busy too.

Back home for a rest...check in with Pirate to see if anything was needed..and over to see him by 4. Then we watched the rugby, the Calcutta Cup from Murrayfield, in Edinburgh, where Scotland beat England...30-21 I think..in the day room. With staff popping their heads around the door every now and again to check the score!!

It's good to see Pirate walking again, even with a frame..which they have extended tall enough, thankfully. Small steps in the right direction.


Back home under the full Snow Moon..at her furthest from Earth...to catch the next programme in the series of New Zealand by Train...

13 comments:

Tom said...

...small steps in the right direction is great!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Sending good wishes for continued improvements for Pirate... and air hugs to you! I send these words from The Grey...parked under that very moon, by the Clyde, still in Dunoon! The weather the first two nights was just not worth travelling with. Then had to hang around so I could watch the rugby all arvo... Onward tomorrow, but taking time to catch up on blogs. YAM xx

Fresca said...

Walking! Next stop… biking? Not for a good while, I imagine.

I love those statues—they look mysterious yet darling.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad to hear that Pirate's operation went well, and that he is in the recovery process. I hope this will make all the difference to him and you too! Best wishes!

Boud said...

You are a study in perpetual motion! So many errands completed, and Pirate care too.

Catalyst said...

I sounds like a very full day (too much for this old guy). And I'm glad to hear Pirate is doing well.

Susan said...

With each day, Pirate improves and feels stronger. You are also accomplishing many tasks and your travels seem to be very smooth. Watching the game with Pirate and seeing the win makes a good visit. We are all looking forward to warmer days with sunshine.

angela said...

Pirate might be taking small steps but your gallivanting all over.
You must be exhausted. I know I am lol
Great news on pirate slowly getting better

smartcat said...

((o))

Katerinas Blog said...

I'm glad everything is going well! Thanks so much for the pictures of the swimmers they are great! Have a good Sunday!

JayCee said...

You sound so cheerful, you have brightened my Sunday morning.

gz said...

Good to hear that Jaycee.
There are always negatives around which you have to consider, but as the song goes,"accentuate the positive"
A bright and sunny morning helps!

Steve Reed said...

Another busy day! Those swimmers are unusual.