Not a lot...bu seeing as I only sowed the seed in the second half of May after returning from Limoges...not bad at all,!!
The big ones are a French variety..the packet is out in the shed and I can't recall the name...I think that next year they get sown much earlier, but also the trusses get supported. They were bending their stalk where it came off the main stalk....
The small ones were saved from a particularly nice supermarket tomato...
Note to self...make sgraffito labels next year by painting the labels and scratching the name. Everything else fades whatever they tell you!!
I've been laying low since yesterday evening.
It appears that my body doesn't like bread made with yeast . I'd had an inkling a little while ago and had been buying proper sourdough loaves instead of making my own..but with Bro here and no time to go and buy bread, I baked.
Time to resurrect my sourdough starter maybe.... but first return to buying bread just to check....



13 comments:
These plants from mid may have done extremely well.
Will you try and get them to ripen inside or preserve them as green tomatoes?
I sowed a couple of purchased varieties of tomatoes and were sorely disappointed, however the absolute star producers this year were from the tiny plum tomatoes from a certain German supermarket that self seed themselves in the compost. I rescued them from there and potted them up and they have been incredibly prolific - still producing fruit now, just hoping they can fully ripen as the weather turns.
the moral of the story is - I shall be sowing the same variety next year - shop bought fruit out performed expensive purchased varieties.
oh - crazy about the yeast but good thing you've worked it out. You'd not be alone in that and some suffer really awful reactions.
I had no problem in France...but there I was always eating pain au levain...so, sourdough!
I am thinking that I need a taller greenhouse for the French variety!!
They are on the windowsill now...not really enough for a preserve
That is where these are from!
Oh dear, a yeast allergy?
Those photos are just wonderful with the green and black. I'm so sorry to hear about the yeast. Take care.
It looks like a reaction to the yeast that gets added...not to the natural sourdough starter which is a sort of yeast I suppose.
Or maybe another additive to commercial bread? Or the way the wheat is processed? There was simething — continental bread flour is different, wish I could recall specifics!
This was from my own bread using Doves organic flours..
Post a Comment