Friday, 18 September 2026

pootering and pootling

 The computer shop has succeeded in turning the offending object on!!

the contents will be safely cleared off ready to on a much bigger capacity hard drive..and the Ubuntu will be updated!!

I'd taken my external hard drive down in case they could use that..but to be honest that needs renewing..they don't last that long, no more than five years.

We rely on these things...but more and more I'm beginning to think that hard copies printed on acid free paper (as the acid is what degrades the ink) are what we need to return to, especially for important things

Then a walk around Ayr on the way to Waterstones and then to the bus.


but I saw this first.....it is a bit sad, but looks as if it is in line for renovation...

Tbe town hall
Auld brig
Hope street or Back o'th Isle..houses on the left were built on the old market place
Newmarket street where the plan is to restore the old shop fronts
the Grain Exchange..now council offices and soon to be an area used for teaching youths


High street with the clock tower

the entry to the closed Kyle shopping centre
and the wee shops after it
the Gaiety theatre...still hanging on in there
and new local housing association flats


7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, I always keep a hard copy of important things.

Anonymous said...

Just popped in to see you
and say hi ❤️
—Fresca

angela said...

The new really doesn’t have the character of all the older buildings
I totally agree. Hard copies really are the way to go.
Which is why I’m always print patterns. Even though they are on my devices. I just don’t trust it. And it’s always nice to actually have something physically in your hand.

Red said...

Very fancy building with housing flats.

jeanie said...

I have been to Ayr and got a terry towelling hat to that effect - however it was when I was very young and the Ayr over here, which is VASTLY different to that one, I thinks. It is, however, near water. Great photos.

Granny Sue said...

I have been thinking the same thing. It is frustrating, time-consuming and expensive to have to constantly update these things. Kinda wondering about a lot of my online dependency, given the current worries about AI.
Ayr looks delightful!

Dida said...

Honestly, it’s so nice see some old buildings. I find them fascinating! I just hope we preserve that classic charm, rather than replacing it all with tall, modern high-rises.