Wednesday, 9 September 2026

sunny day

 A most pleasant day today ..washing done and dried, ironing not done yet...

Study floor has been cleared...then my brother can decide if he wants to sleep there when he comes or on the sofabed. I need to get new curtain rings for the study....ones that the screw in eyes ( that you clip the curtain hooks into) don't pull out of the ring.

Later on I went for a walk through the nature reserve. Where the top exit to fields is there is an apple tree...not ripe yet! Although there were a few handy windfalls.

Across to the next apple trees...past some inquisitive young cows....



I was lucky to see our farmer friend on whose land I forage. I hadn't seen him since Pirate died. He said I was looking well anyway...and so is he at 85, checking round the sheep that are on his fields for grazing, on his quad bike with sheepdog!

I picked another bag of plums and found a different apple tree with plenty brought down by the winds that we've haf the past few days....then home before the bag got too full!

Then the first five foot long row of tatties was dug...and berries  picked from the elder tree that I grew from a cutting.



7 comments:

loulee said...

I love a good washing day. Oh and homegrown spuds. Yum.

Debby said...

Next year, I hope to have a raised bed for potatoes. There is nothing finer than new potatoes!

Bovey Belle said...

Some good spuds there. Tam grows hers in spud growing sacks as her back garden very small. My apples aren't ready for picking yet, but I am planning on going to pick some crab apples soon.

Tigger's Mum said...

What a good haul. More apple juice? (and good on that farmer)

gz said...

There will be apple juice later...too early yet, although there is a tree just over the road from home ready to pick, but need storing before use

Granny Sue said...

A perfect day...chores taken care of, a good walk, foraging, garden. Yes, perfection.

Stara vrtlarica said...

That was a nice walk! I'm looking at your lovely potatoes—I'd really like to roast them for lunch today, unpeeled; that’s how they taste best and sweetest.