Friday 2 December 2011

working well

Eight storage jars done, four sort of straight and four round and bellied!
I threw the jars with 1.5 kilos of clay, and also a tad softer than the clay I used yesterday!! So I don't need a hot water bottle on my hands tonight!! I'm hoping that they'll be the right size.

I like throwing with this weight of clay. It is enough to do a decent pot and not too heavy to do a run of them. I don't think that I could have thrown them any bigger with this amount of clay, but perhaps doing a real run of them would show that.

I worked through lunch so as not to stop the flow, and in coffee breaks and hand stretching breaks I got a batch of bread baked!!
As I took the washing from the line, mid-afternoon, the rain gently started falling.

4 comments:

Zhoen said...

Hands in hot water seems nice, even if one doesn't need it.

Michèle Hastings said...

sounds like a perfect day... balanced between clay work and getting all the other chores done. i know what you mean about the aches and pains of throwing larger weights of clay!

kjsutcliffe said...

You are going to have muscles in your fingers!
Does working in the clay dry your skin out? I seem to remember it does. x

gz said...

Hawthorn it can do, especially if you let it dry on your skin.