Wednesday 4 April 2012

chilly

It has been a mostly grey damp day here, some rain showers and a few sprinkles of snow pellets.

Firing has proceeded steadily, as if you push it too hard when it is cold it seems to use a lot more gas. You also get freezing condensation on the outside of the bottles, which is useful to show the gas level in the bottle, but does slow the firing.

Ginger cake has been made this afternoon..."Canadian Ginger Cake"...I've had the recipe for many years, I still don't know why it is Canadian!! Also Carrot , Squash and Shallot soup....with fresh ginger!! It must be the weather!!

Back to the workshop now as the kiln is almost at temperature.

5 comments:

Kath said...

I love the sound of your soup, sounds like something I would enjoy!
It hasnt snowed here, but it's cold and the sky is a thundery colour.

Sara said...

Oh the wind has been so bitterly cold and strong today hasn't it?! Your soup sounds like the perfect thing to warm cold bones!
XX

Zhoen said...

Can you put up your recipe for Canadian ginger cake? I do love good ginger bread.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

yes! the recipe please!

Me and Tilly Too said...

Would you share the Canadian Ginger cake recipe? My Dad is a big fan of ginger cake and the recipe I have doesn't always turn out that well. Yours does sound tried and tested. :)