Saturday 4 May 2024

Beside the Clyde

 

By Mancini's Ice Cream Parlour as I waited for friends at the end of their bike ride

Haar Haar !! After some nice sunshine yesterday, it has been misty all day..

My friends had had a nice couple of hours on their bikes going around the lanes... interspersed by some punctures...and a tree falling across the road between two groups! 

Nice to get out and see folks.  When I have got the house reasonably straight I will dig my bike out from the shed....I have the choice of the second or the fourth one back...and the latter has the lower gears.....and everything needs to come out to get at it!!

16 comments:

Steve Reed said...

What kind of bird is that, do you know?

Tom said...

...sunshine?

Jim Davis said...

Do get back on your bike when you can, it's good for your soul.

jabblog said...

The falling tree sounds drastic!

gz said...

Jim it is..I've never had a year off my bike, ever

Steve it is a pied wagtail

Aimz said...

it's always nice to get out after being stuck inside, fresh air is good.

Fresca said...

(O)

Susan said...

Meeting up with friends is always great. It will be good to be riding your bike again. Your photo of the bird is lovely, it would make a nice painting or print.

Tom Stephenson said...

I love those little wagtails. I wonder how they got their name.

gz said...

Tom, because they do! Also called "Sigl ei Gwt"in Welsh...shake his tail...as they bob their heads and tails

northsider said...

Pied Wagtails and Robins are such characters.

Steve Reed said...

Ah, yes! Pied wagtail! I knew I'd seen it before.

Jeanie said...

That's a little creepy about the tree falling between the two groups! Timing is everything. Ice cream and friends -- a perfect combo!

angela said...

I’m so glad no one was hurt. Thankfully the tree timed it’s fall to be between two groups. How bizarre
In Australia we have a saying. Hop on ya bike. Which means go away.
I hope you hop back on your bike. But I mean it in a totally nice way

Granny Sue said...

A piece wagtail...I have never heard of that. He's very striking
It doesn't look like too nice a day, but getting out is good, whatever the weather!

Granny Sue said...

Oops, sorry...pied wagtail. Autocorrect strikes again!