Thursday 30 May 2024

Troon...and gardening ...and no photos

 Tomatoes went in yesterday evening...and I started potting in squash seedlings.

For some reason blogger doesn't want to add photos..this has been happening from the phone but usually is ok from the tablet.

Generally if they think you have reached your photo limit they say so!!

Today started well, cards for family birthdays written...and I have written a little more about Pirate. I need to write something brief, but there is so much about him to say, that brief is not easy!

Off to Ayr on the bus to get the cards in the post and I decided to go to Troon on the bus! Why not?!!

Lunch in a cafe in Ayr on the way back, then after a natter with a neighbour, a bit more gardening.. peas and beans planted out, carrots sown (and covered to keep cats and sparrows off) then most of the leek seedlings planted out.   

I lifted the last of last year's leeks as well..enough for one batch of leek and potato soup.

Feet up now, read blogs and watch Robbie Cummings "Canal Diaries" on television!

14 comments:

JayCee said...

Have you planted your tomatoes outside? Ours are still on the kitchen windowsill. Not sure when to chance putting them out there!

Tom said...

...Blogger isn't alway well behaved.

gz said...

Jaycee inside in the greenhouse. I was intending for the polytunnel to have tomatoes as well, but that looks like it is a bigger project to re-cover than planned.

Isn't it just, Tom...and as I asked that there were eight of us asking the same question and no answers yet....

Jeanie said...

It sounds like a productive day. I think I need to find if I can stream Canal Diaries!

Fresca said...

(O)

Catalyst said...

Tomatoes are growing leaps and bounds in our tomato bin here in hot dry weather. Have to keep watering.

Susan Heather said...

Another busy, productive day.

gz said...

Jeannie he is on YouTube

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
A few of my blog pals have mentioned posting difficulties this week... I'm scheduled up to June 12th, so have yet to try out any post challenges. Presumably it heralds some new upheaval under the bonnet! Yxx

gz said...

Yamini there used to be a photo limit..which is why I don't post large photos...Gary Rith used to have blog#1 then blog#2 and so on as he filled up his image limit..but this has no real warning or explanation

Steve Reed said...

I love taking a bus ride for no reason!

Aimz said...

Can't say I've ever had that issue with photos and blogger although I have had other problems with it once or twice. Been a long time since I've had a bus ride.

Anonymous said...

Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform you're working with?
I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm having a tough time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely
unique. P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had
to ask!

gz said...

That's fine, Unknown, I am just on Blogger....no frills or fancy backgrounds to distract 😎😄.
Go for it..and enjoy blogging!