Saturday 4 June 2011

Chapter

I met up with friends today, that I hadn't seen since about 1974, the end of Foundation studies in Cardiff College of Art (now part of UWIC).
They now have daughters who are students!

He was in at the beginning of the old school in Canton, Cardiff, being turned into an Arts Centre, in 1972.

It has not long been refurbished, and is looking very bright and shiny, but it is still as vibrant in content.

Headed home, thinking "gardening time"....and arrived home to soft rain. Just right for the garden, if nothing else.

3 comments:

Zhoen said...

Soft rain is always welcome, around me.

yeractual said...

I can't think of a school/arts centre in Canton, though I must know it, I feel sure. You're fortunate to have some rainfall. Here the ground is rock hard and the grass is yellowing etc. I never thought I'd say it, but.....we too could do with some rain!

gz said...

Go along Cowbridge Road East westwards, turn right by the police station
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Chapter+Arts+Centre,+Market+Place,+Cardiff&aq=0&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=13.335749,39.506836&ie=UTF8&hq=Chapter+Arts+Centre,&hnear=Market+Pl,+Cardiff+CF5+1,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.48301,-3.203207&spn=0.000815,0.002411&t=h&z=19

I'm sure there is a way of shortening that!! But that should show it!!