Tuesday 31 January 2012

new beginnings

It is that time of year, The small beginning of the coming of Spring, with increasing light and things starting to grow..so the weather has decided to present us with snow and frost!! The snow has retreated to above 600 to 700 feet above sea level, and is heavier as you go north and west of here.

I've thrown two dozen small mugs yesterday, and opened two bags of clay to dry them to throwing consistency. Today (in the living room!) they were dry enough...just...to turn upsidedown. The clay is back in its bags, ready to be kneaded tomorrow.

It was bitterly cold in the workshop this morning and stayed like that all day. I cleaned and tidied instead and even started painting the walls of the front room (The Room of Doom, thankyou Ally for the name!!) white. That should make it easier to sort the mess!!
The Wizzard is down from Manchester this weekend, so now he has a sofa to sleep on without dodging boxes of this and that!!

Good News on the North Wales Front..I've been accepted to put stock into the shop at the Royal Cambrian Academy Gallery at Plas Mawr in Conwy, and also in the Christmas exhibition too!

Deadline March 20th..all being well...

6 comments:

The bike shed said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I stayed at Ogwen Cottage yesterday - you must have been young living there.

Your blog looks interesting - three consecutive posts on places I know well: Blorenege, Machyn. and Aber - all fabulous.

Michèle Hastings said...

congratulations on the acceptance into the gallery and show!
pottery creeps into our living space as well... right now the room off of our living room has become filled with glazed pots, waiting to be fired.

Gardeningbren said...

Wow..that is good news. The Royal Cambrian Academy Gallery sounds very posh. Also to be in the Christmas exhibition. You are working really hard to market your wares and I am so envious, I cannot touch them, to rub my fingers over the glaze and feel the foots. I think I may just have to order some small pots on Etsy. Am quite taken with the two Tenmoku pieces you post and not too expensive to ship.

Compostwoman said...

Hurrah for the gallery acceptance and the shop!

Well done but yes brr it is cold around the Marches!

Loveley woodburner going 24/7 to keep us warm

gz said...

I'm always surprised that pots and other tactile things sell well on Etsy, but I'm glad they do!

red dirt girl said...

Good news all around! I just accepted a management position at the shop I work in - longer hours but better pay and Health benefits (finally). Looking forward to spring.

xxx