Tuesday 17 January 2012

procrastinating

It is cold today (ok, it may have been the coldest so far this year, and it is still warmer than many of you out there have it, BUT!!!!) so no digging or getting hands in cold water and clay!!

I've weeded out a huge bagful of dead clothes-about time too! Now I'm thinking, where to attack next!! Every time I look at something it says Hang On, You Never Know, Just In Case......

This is all putting off The Decision....exactly which pots do I choose to submit to the gallery? It has to be representative, but not look a random mix. I just don't know what they are looking for. Years ago they only had paintings and some sculpture, now it appears they are expanding their range.

The shortlist so far....
It has taken a week to get this far and I think The Carpenter would like the living room back!!

9 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

absolutley pretty work, a nice selection of pots! I have been getting rid of stuff too, hand over fist. Feels GREAT. What does not feel great was the zero temps we had, which is what, 10-18 degrees below celsius?

Sandy Miller said...

Congrats! You are much farther ahead then I!

I love the green bowl with the pie crust rim, hope it makes the cut :)

That large brown bowl is quite elegant .... In my humble opinion.

gz said...

Gary, I don't envy you, we had -18 C last Winter as a daytime temperature. (it only rose a degree or so from the night).

I think if the red/brown bowl is in, the blue jug has to be too. I need something in that blue glaze to be seen.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

I think your collection looks fabulous, a good mix of shapes and colours.
We are having winter as well. Not too cold but lots of snow. Not like up north in Dees Lake where the windchill is -40c!

gz said...

I don't think I'd like it THAT cold, Kerry!!
I need to choose six pots, max.

Gardeningbren said...

Well, I love them all, especially the doves on the green plate. The brown and blue bowls..beautiful..the Sea Shells...absolutely... Must you cut this down even further as the whole selection shows a broad creative spirit, from the peaceful doves to the utilitarian strainer and jug. Your blue cobalt is stunning..so deep, and would compliment each other in a display and might likely sell together..salad bowl and salad dressing jug perhaps.

Tracey Broome said...

I always have such a hard time deciding what to send for shows, etc. then when I send it out, I second guess what I sent. It's hard isn't it? I think you have a great start though!

Jenny Woolf said...

I hate chucking out and selecting. Looks like you made a good choice for the gallery, though.

Julia said...

No wonder the decision is so hard - all of the pots are just so lovely...