Saturday 16 November 2013

dogs

I've just read Cro's blogpost about Who Loves You.

It is an unconditional affection.    The Pirate used to have two dogs...Big Dog, Little Dog...
Frank the Black Labrador and Rocky the Patterdale...Black with frosting!

Frank was like Cro's Bok, but Rocky was the boss!!   Always underground at the slightest excuse, getting himself and his man grubby and late!!
Turning up nonchalantly behind you when he'd been hunted for for ages with that "who, me? whats all the fuss?" look on his face.

Rocky is buried by the holes he loved to disappear down most.

and Frank? 

He is still by his favourite place, the living room fire...just that his ashes are in a box.....

We miss them both.

Having a dog isn't possible here, or any more....but we can still go for walks with and say hello to other peoples' dogs!!

5 comments:

Cro Magnon said...

I probably should have mentioned that Monty (our Lab') is totally different. He lives to eat, and has little time for affection. Two totally different characters!

Ian and Luis said...

They burn a bond in your heart and mind. It's the same with cats for us. Fond memories for you. x

gz said...

Ian, I miss having cats around. I stayed with friends in Abergavenny when not well. One cat especially slept by my feet to keep an eye on me, another checked by a couple of times in the night.

Zhoen said...

http://tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-temperament-of-labrador.html

dogs.

gz said...

I wonder what they'd say about the attitude of a Patterdale and terriers in general?!