Wednesday 27 November 2013

doing too much...and not enough...

Today a friend came to see us, and he hauled Stuff out from the sheds and overhauled the little generator in readiness for Winter and power cuts.  They looked at a lot of bits and bobs, discussed over many a cuppa...
but when I came back from my two hour's voluntary shopwork in the village The Pirate was obviously too tired.....  learning what is too much is difficult.

At least he is willing to learn!!

He is worried that I'm not riding my bike on the road or the turbo trainer..the answer? When I've got more energy.  

I'm doing more, to stop him doing too much....so I've got to be careful too.

Some things will just have to stay not done for a while.

At least I did do a little more on my quilt that I designed in 1997.....and have been making since then....



Now for a little polo shirt designing...more of which at a later date!

3 comments:

smartcat said...

Don't fall into Caregiver's Trap and neglect yourself while taking care of your loved one.

Glad to hear that progress is being made.

On this side of the Atlantic in Southern New England we are having huge wind and rain with temps in the 60's F. The mums look ready to start blooming again!

Julia said...



(0)

Relatively Retiring said...

Oh yes, beware, beware the Caregivers' Trap!