Saturday 25 February 2012

being official

The job today was helping with the signing on for the second of the "Icebreaker" series of Youth (under 16, under 14 and under 12 years old) track races. A series of three each run as a separate omnium event, each a month apart.
Many thrills and few spills, so the racing was over in time for most to get to a television to watch THE rugby game!! ,which we won, apparently...I got home and packed the kiln to the sound of the cheers from the pub just up the road!

Typical though....a beautiful sunny day when I should have had pots and clothes out drying, and there I am away and indoors. At least they had a couple of hours out in the fresh air.

The Wizzard is down here this weekend, and apart from going to play cycle polo near Cardiff with The Carpenter he is cleaning up the Sick Laptop. It had managed to miss an anti-virus upgrade....the description was one word....riddled!! It is on its way to being clean and well, then linux will be installed.

7 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

same here in the last week... warm and sunny and I spent a day working at the co-op gallery and the next doing paperwork that had a deadline. :-(

Zhoen said...

Good to have a nice, clean, laptop.

Kerry O'Gorman said...

love the image of hanging laundry to the cheers in the pub! Maybe they were cheering because the laundry got hung out

Cro Magnon said...

APPARENTLY? Of course we did; the English are still sobbing into their pint glasses as I write. I'm not quite sure why I support Wales in a Wales/England match...but I always have.

There'll be a welcome in.....

Kath said...

It was an interesting afternoon in our house, with me being Welsh and Himself Irish.

Hope you get your laptop sorted, it's amazing what rubbish sneaks in..

Andrea Ingram said...

Good to hear you are still at the Velodrome from time to time. Do you ride it?

gz said...

I've not ridden Newport velodrome, Andrea.

The laptop is better...but still not clean :-(