Friday 13 September 2024

Bus day

 After buying a ferry ticket for travels a month or more away I decided to go to the "local"...HA!!... Glasgow...bus travel office..there I not only got my bus ticket but advice on getting to Glasgow in time... important advice when you look at my return journey today...miss bus by seconds...wait half an hour for the next bus which arrives in Ayr ten minutes late, as the connection to our village leaves....half an hour to the next one..I chose to take the alternative service , still the same wait but it doesn't get caught up in jams as much as the other....and I arrived home....40 miles...from the first missed bus to home...in three hours!!








I saw these on the walk at the far end of Sauchiehall Street on the way to the Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery.
I could have taken a bus ride..but the walk was worth it and only took 45 minutes each way.

But apart from the bus journey times, the day was good..fresh and dry, starting with washing on the line and picking veges 


And next post I'll show a few pictures I took at Kelvingrove 


7 comments:

Tom said...

...some welcoming doors.

gz said...

Yes Tom... ironically it is Open Doors weekends in varying places through September in Artists studios!

Granny Sue said...

I do love those steps with the flowerpots, and that peacock, just exquisite. Sounds like a tedious journey, but coming home is that much sweeter.
Lovely veggies!

Fresca said...

That’s a short trip made long!
Where’s your trip in a month?

Susan said...

The weather was good for your bus journey. You covered a lot of ground. Lovely views along the way.
Your veggie harvest looks excellent.

gz said...

Over the sea..not to Skye, to Lewis...have a look at "Boxes and Bellows"...that is who I will be staying with

Jenny Woolf said...

I'd dare to hope that our new government might finally take in hand coordinating public transport a bit better in rural areas. Glad you got home in a reasonable time!