Friday 6 September 2024

Summer..at last!

This morning, after I managed to get moving, I thought sun forecast, do the washing!

Got it going and looked out....


The reason behind it is that high pressure over Scandinavia is helping the North Sea turn into a cloud making machine...and the winds are blowing the clouds over Scotland!!

Then they did move on..


And it got very hot.... Scotland had the highest temperature in Britain, while the tables were turned while on points further South...and they got the rain!!

It won't last...but it is nice while it does.

Elderberries off their stalks



And tomatoes being jungly!!

I managed to buy a used (apparently only for a month) under counter freezer on fb marketplace....only nine miles from here...picked that up after lunch, then had to wait until I could catch the builder who has been working over the road...

Nice to have a natter with the neighbour he is working for while waiting!

It does actually hold a little less than the small chest freezer...but at least now I have one for ingredients and the other for meals I have frozen in portions and such-like.

And they are both nearly full! 

That is always the problem with chest freezers, finding what lurks in the bottom. 

Now that I am getting all the supplies organised properly I will be able to buy much less. 

I've prepped the veges for a pepperonata but run out of energy...so a quick supper of leftovers...with runner beans fresh from the garden.

An evening of YouTube... yesterday's Vuelta highlights and Time Team....it makes good company...plus chatting online to our friend in France.   Multi tasking!!

Keeping the radio...or YouTube on....so I don't feel soo alone.


12 comments:

angela said...

Because I’m hight challenged, only five foot. I find it hard to get things from the bottom of chest freezers. One time i almost got stuck!
So we now have upright freezer with drawers. Much easier.
I’m sure me being head first, feet in the air in the freezer looked hilarious lol

Jeanie said...

I'm afraid to get a freezer. I am very likely to use all space allocated to me-- and that isn't smart!

Fresca said...

What bold framing those garden sticks/stakes(?) make for the photos of changing weather.
And what amazing patterns the elderberry stalks make. Nature is endless in its pattern making.

The silence of being alone can be painful … I was thinking about getting Internet service… But I think I’ll stick with watching DVDs —free from the library.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

We had thick fog yesterday morning, though it did brighten up in the afternoon. The radio is an almost constant companion here too.

Steve Reed said...

Good job finding the (barely) second-hand freezer! It's funny you were warmer than we were. It's pretty cool and rainy here.

northsider said...

We freeze a lot of our home grown onions.

Barbara Rogers said...

Those tomatoes do indeed seem their own jungle. Living alone for the past mmm, maybe 8 years since I had a cat, I realize I haven't got anyone to wake me up to get going. People with animals always have to tend to them first thing. Then they talk to them also. My silent life is usually ok, except sometimes I pipe a YouTube music of acoustic guitars as a background.

Rachel Phillips said...

Beautiful day in Norfolk yesterday. 25C and wall to wall hot sunshine, not a cloud in sight. If there was rain it wasn't here.

Debby said...

Well, it turned out to be a good laundry day after all!

I did beans two days back and am doing tomatoes right now. I've got a glut of windfall apples, and I'll probably get those gathered and home tomorrow. It has been an abundant fall.

Catalyst said...

Still blazing with no rain here. It should break in another week or so.

Susan said...

Your dark sky shifting to lovely blue is fast changing weather. The tomatoes and elderberries are making a great harvest. Your new freezer is a good buy and having the extra capacity is always beneficial.

Susan Heather said...

Yet another productive day.
an almost new freezer sounds like a good deal.