Tuesday 3 September 2024

Paperwork progress

 With another wet day here, I started putting Pirate's paperwork into better order...so that I will be able to make a proper history/archive later on. 

This will also mean that I will have my living room back ...and can start on other work!!

The other " paperwork " was an email that arrived confirming my spouse pension...relief!   I printed off he requested form and dashed into town to get it safely posted...they should get it in the morning... hopefully it won't take another four months for the next step!!!!

I found one photo in with the paperwork..which should be with three other photos...I think I know which box they are in..

I asked Pirate's friend in France if it was this friend's brother....too tall....but he did suggest a couple of names....and the track.is a puzzle too, but Palmer Park in Reading is a possibility .  I've asked in a couple of groups on farcebook..we'll see ... hopefully...




8 comments:

Tom said...

...the work's not done until the paperwork is done.

Susan Heather said...

Always good to get some sorting done.

Anonymous said...

Paper work is the worse job. But unfortunately it needs to be done
I hope the authorities don’t make you wait too long

Granny Sue said...

You certainly stay busy; having many projects in hand at once always make me happy.
We spent most of today helping our friend continue sorting her house and packing up to move to Florida. So much stuff! And so much paper. I must admit it makes me feel quite streamlined, with my one filing cabinet for tax stuff, and one drawer for other papers. She must have had 40 or 50 large totes full of paper and photos, 90% of which has ended up in the trash.

gz said...

Which is also used in other situations... remember saying that to my kids as they learnt to use the toilet 😄

Steve Reed said...

Yes, let's hope that pension comes through quickly! Glad you found the stray photo and can reunite it with the others.

Debby said...

The wheels of government...I remember claiming for unemployment after a layoff. By the time that I received a penny, I was back to work!

gz said...

Not government..but still slow...the company that deals with a great number of company pension schemes..it is the FedEx spouse pension