Sunday 8 September 2024

Lazy (ish) Sunday

 A late morning.. couldn't get to sleep for ages last night...so all today's plans got shuffled. I didn't get out for a walk until after an early lunch....and while I was going, did some foraging... lovely to have a couple of hours out in the fresh air and sun.






Pears not ready yet, neither are most of the apples..but I picked a bagful of the bigger apples to give the others chance to grow.


Sun coming through!


What are you doing there?



Coming through....

I can't upload the whole flock coming through, just the stragglers as it goes over the 100Mb limit apparently.

Then back to call on a couple of neighbours on my way home.
One man is 88 and a widower for the past five years .and occupies himself by decorating his 3 bedroom bungalow since his (heavy smoker) wife died. It keeps him busy and he has a great eye for it too, making a lovely job as he steadily works around his home. He has a small tree full of eating apples, which are improving every year and he wants me to have them. They aren't quite ready yet.
Next neighbour's son ( the elder) was there organising her week's pills...and he does the preserving now so I gave him a bread bag of apples and half the brambles. Where they usually pick , the brambles have finished.
Then home for a rest....and make a quick supper....Time Team....and start on a lizard....or is it a dragon?

I'm not entirely pleased with him...or her...I need to practice!!! 
So no sewing today...just bedtime, to write my daily journal and hopefully sleep ok.

10 comments:

angela said...

That was a busy day. Even if you slept in. I always feel strange about sleeping in and I have no idea why. It’s not like I have to be somewhere. Honestly we should just go with what our bodies want. We have earned it

Susan said...

The trees in your photos are producing lots of great fruit. We have deer and raccoons that work hard to take all the fruit. Only the installation of an electric fence protects the fruit.
I find, after a restless night, the next night is usually much better.

Fresca said...

Wow!!! What an alluring creature, that dragon (we’ve got several months of Year of the dragon to go, too).
I love it!

Tom said...

...enjoy a lazy day now and then.

Debby said...

It sounds like a nice day...solitude, company, creativity too. You are not often bored, are you?

Susan Heather said...

Another busy day. I am always amazed at the amount of fruit you are able to forage. Well done.

Bovey Belle said...

Sleeping in? What's that?! I am up at nearly 4 a.m. - awake since 2. Brain busy going over the Fair this weekend.

Looks like foraging is good in your area.

gz said...

There always so many things that need done!

Jeanie said...

It's beginning to look like fall in your world. Lovely! I've been making pesto like a crazy woman this week.

Granny Sue said...

I enjoy reading about your days. Such good, homey things, and then a dragon to end!