Sunday 24 July 2011

kiln cooling

Now the firing has finished, the sun is out from the clouds!

The next job is stirring and sieving glazes and more waxing when the pots are cool enough.

I'll order more gas in the morning as two bottles are better than one for the last third of a glaze firing. I'm slowly building up enough in the bank to do a weekend event somewhere . Two steps forward, one step back as there are materials and gas to pay for, but I'm getting there.

I had a wander up to the garden for ten minutes weeding-enough to make a difference and say that I had done a bit. Enough to charge my batteries not to flatten them!!
It feels like a Summer's evening at last.

2 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

this isn't the easiest way to make a living but i can't imagine anything else right now! we are getting a gas delivery on monday, can't wait to see what that will cost :-)

gz said...

£52.96 for a 47kg bottle, here...I think you'd call that a 100 lb bottle?