Tuesday 26 July 2011

pause...

Kiln packed and ready.....still no gas delivery.... I phoned at 4pm and they confirmed what I'd suspected....
This morning a lorry caught fire on the M4 motorway inside the Bryn Glas tunnels around Newport. Not the gas lorry, thankfully, a new lorry carrying rolls of steel. One wheel on fire and the air hose would have gone and the lorry stopped. So the M4 was closed from one side of Newport to the other, and everything had to go round the rather inadequate relief road with numerous small roundabouts that goes from single to dual and back again....or through Newport itself...
Gridlock!! On a hot sunny day too.

Delivery now scheduled by 1pm tomorrow. I'll have to fire as soon as it arrives, which means a late finish, which I do not like. I'd rather start very early! Then the second firing on Saturday.

All being well, that should give me enough choice to submit to Aberystwyth.

The car is being mended on Friday, I've had the parts for a week! Then get the new tyre put on and balanced and the tracking done and I'll be ready for a trip to Aberystwyth!!

2 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

keeping fingers and toes crossed that we will both finally get our gas delivery tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hope it arrives on time today!