Monday 8 July 2024

A good day

 I managed an earlier start today..easing back to good habits . I don't like wasting daylight!

Washing done...and before too long bedding brought in before it dried too much before ironing! 

Then off and out!! I was aiming to pay the deposit for Pirate's Scottish Celebration in the previous village where we stayed. ( Which up here means where we lived...) One manager of the community café and hall was on holiday....the other helps at a good bank on Mondays.....but I had a really good cup of coffee and a look at the hall....

Then on to the village up the valley where we stayed before that....a book for a pound! They sell secondhand books to fund the public toilets in the village. In most villages in South Ayrshire there are no longer public toilets....

A chance then to have a leg stretch and check the wild cherry trees...hardly any fruit this year...and no fault of the birds, all the trees look to be suffering from the weather and possibly aphids, with the leaves mottled brown.

Back to the previous village to call by a mutual friend if ours for a cuppa and out the world to rights. Auntie B did catering for Pirate at the events he organised....his commissary he called her! She only came into the local cycling scene because her daughter started cycling......and ended up doing cakes and sandwiches for over twenty years!!

Then home for lunch as it was getting hotter....an unbelievable 20⁰ today!! 

It won't last long....but I'm enjoying it!!   

Garden and workshop pottering....planted out some squash plants, put a layer of old compost on the new compost heap....cleaned off a dozen heads of garlic...they aren't dry enough to plait and keep yet, but I need some for the kitchen.

And rest!!   


I have decided to give up on the tv ... I don't watch the news and most programmes I like end up on U tube.....and I can use my time...and TV licence money...far better!!

Another beautiful sunset...from different angles...






9 comments:

Tom said...

...I wish you more good days.

gz said...

Thankyou Tom.

Jessica Hollinghurst said...

Our TV died and we couldn't decide on which one to get and 31 years later still haven't and I can't say I've missed it. We have a monitor to allow my husband to watch movies but I prefer U tube.

Fresca said...

Good going!
That last photo is especially lovely.

How much is a TV license? (There's no charge here in the US, if you only get the basic channels--the expense is in getting Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.)

Debby said...

That last picture! The sun coming through the bathroom window makes a golden glow that floods through the door and lights the end of the hall. I've never noticed it before. I wait for it.

Jeanie said...

It sounds busy and very good indeed. I love the idea of selling books to help fund the public toilets -- that's pretty brilliant! Your sunsets are simply lovely -- such beautiful light.

gz said...

Fresca for the first six months it is about £25 a month...then goes down to about £15. If you get it in one hit it is a little less, but still not far off £200 per year...and if you want netflix, sky, discovery etc...they are in top of that.
It used to be free for those over 75...but thanks to politics, the government decided that it would hand over funding that to the BBC ...so less money for programmes....

I think a TV detox won't be bad anyway. Free up time to do other things.

Susan said...

You accomplish a lot each and every day. YouTube is amazing and many things you can live stream on your computer.

Fresca said...

Wow, that’s expensive! I don’t have a TV or high-speed internet so can’t stream shows—don’t miss it.
I do watch DVDs sometimes