Monday 1 July 2024

Orchids and skies


 Back on the turbo trainer for nearly half an hour...it feels cold out there, but it is actually 14⁰ , minus 4⁰ windchill. Not what you need after nearly two weeks of high 20s!!

On my way out this afternoon I photographed my front lawn "meadow"...I must get some fresh Yellow Rattle seed from my daughter, that will dissuade the grass and let the other plants thrive!!





I started listing a couple of seat posts on fleabay..this took ages as the tablet wasn't cooperating to get the photos...so I had to take new ones eventually. 

But it was fortunate...as I would otherwise have been in bed and missed this...



8 comments:

Tom said...

...stop by here, it's toasty!

Joanne Noragon said...

Your front "lawn" looks well, nevertheless.

Catalyst said...

Beautiful!

Susan Heather said...

Lovely orchids in your meadow.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
It's interesting that I have seen quite a number of orchids this year... Something must be working for them! Even if the climate is giving us the summer chills... YAM xx

Debby said...

It got down to 48 last night, 9 degrees for you. Our heat was on also, but I have to say that I was snuggled under the blankets and slept much better than I do on hot nights.

Susan said...

Yellow Rattle is new to me and it seems very beneficial for eliminating grass and encouraging meadow flowers. I am reducing my lawn too. White clover and large patches of ferns are taking over.

The bike shed said...

There are so many orchids on the coast path here - they are always an uplift, but I wish they came with some sunshine!