Sunday 28 July 2024

First ride

 Out in time this morning to support my team mates as they were riding the team time trial championship... unfortunately with ten miles to go, one got a puncture...and as it is the time of the third rider over the line that counts..and we only have three...they counted as Did Not Finish.

Great to see them all anyway.

The headquarters were at Eglinton Country Park...and I wanted to find a safe way to get from there on my bike to the coastal path...there isn't an off road path or small road that I could find easily...one for a bit more research I think.

So I went to Irvine Harbour and parked there and rode up the NCR 7/73 (both follow the same path for a while) to Saltcoats Harbour and back..just 15 almost flat miles but a first ride for me on Pirate's Eroba bike.

We got on well enough...and I need to get fitter...and possibly have some smaller chainrings...and/or bigger sprockets!!





And back over the river at Irvine 


Then home for a rest...and catch up with the washing mountain and the dishes!!

6 comments:

JayCee said...

It looks like the weather was very kind to you today. Lovely blue sky.

Tom said...

...a fabulous day, no rain!

Fresca said...

That third photo down, looking out to sea---I want to be there!
Looks like a good inauguration ride

Susan said...

This seems a great route for biking and the views are outstanding. That is a lot of miles - you've done very well!

Susan Heather said...

Looked like a lovely day there

Aimz said...

Looks like you had nice scenery and weather for your day out.