Thursday 29 August 2024

Catching up jobs

 Doing jobs which have been waiting... ironing and keeping clothes..then potting up all the houseplants



I need to find new homes for some of these once they are settled!!

Doing some housework...now I have to do it all...clean floors today anyway.

Still damp and windy, so going out even for a walk wasn't an attractive idea..I did venture out for a bit..



Possibly the last rose this summer? The Bourbon rose Reine des Violettes I think...

Then carrying on with mending. 

Now the days are drawing in, with it getting dark at 9 and light about 6 I am ready for bed after 9...and doing my best not to lie in in the morning. We need all the daylight we can get!!


12 comments:

angela said...

I’m sure there will be lots of appreciative people who would love those plants
You have your last roses and I’ve got my first ones blooming.
The seasons have definitely flipped

Tom said...

...playing catch up can be difficult.

Catalyst said...

That rose is just exquisite!

Jeanie said...

It's the "getting home" routine. Always busy -- and tiring, too. Yes, we have to hold onto the daylight!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful rose. The color looks like velvet. You've had a very productive day and that's always good. Susan

Red said...

The days are shortening in a hurry.

Bovey Belle said...

I have my regular kitten-o'clock alarm call - 6 a.m. They wake with the light as it's ten minutes later than it was a week or more ago . . .

We have been having sunshine and showers and so it's difficult to have very long on outside jobs. Lots of roses still blooming here - some go on till Christmas. Enjoy your Reine de Violette - it is so pretty.

JayCee said...

Such a gorgeous rose. A real beauty.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

My list of "put off until convenient jobs" grows ever longer.

gz said...

The Bourbon roses are...I don't expect a second flush of blooms, but often get one

Fresca said...

(o)

Susan said...

The rose is lovely and the color is like velvet. You are very productive and all the new potted plants are looking good.