Wednesday 14 August 2024

Quilt progress..and sorting.

 Today was a stay home and get things done day. Mainly getting wardrobe contents sorted and those that needed it, washed.

Our Fife friend will have a shirt that goes with his kilt and a tweed jacket..and I think there are other things that will suit him when he collects them in a couple of weeks.

I am sorting cold weather jackets and trousers for myself too...mine are worn out!

It was lovely to have a good warm drying day with a brisk breeze.

Last night's borlotti bean, chestnut and vege stew was boxed up in individual portions and went in the freezer...that is six meals sorted!

Then this afternoon start on the job of quilt designing...with help from my daughter...graphic designer..and quilter..by WhatsApp!!

I tried doing it on paper, but that wasn't working...so put pieces on the floor...





The next job is working out how to set the big blocks by each other


I have done it with numbers so far...but that's enough for tonight.

I had intended going for a walk....but quilt sorting got to be very absorbing...and it is good to fully concentrate on something.

11 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Looking good

Tom said...

...stay busy.

Joanne Noragon said...

The quilt is off to a great start!

Red said...

That quilt will keep you occupied for a while.

Debby said...

That really is very nicely arranged. You're right. It IS good to fully concentrate on something.

angela said...

That’s the only issue with quilts. Unless your following a pattern you take ages to sort all the blocks.
I can spend hours just trying to get it to where I like it.

JayCee said...

That is looking wonderful. Amazing what can be produced from a load of old shirts!

Susan said...

The quilt is coming along very nicely.

Ellen D. said...

This is the second blog today that mentioned quilts so I think I'm getting the message to start quilting again! That quilt layout looks good!

Bovey Belle said...

I love that final design. I am sure mine would look nothing like that!

It's early days here yet and I can't face going through Keith's clothes. In fact all I've managed in that direction is to chuck in the bin an extremely well-worn pair of Army Arctic socks - I tell you, they make them to last! Oh, and also bag up his underpants. He never wore them unless he had a Dr's or Hospital appt., preferring to "go Commando"! Those I can recycle as they have no real memories attached. Shoes next, which aren't too upsetting, but his blue running trainers will stay put for the moment as he wore those a lot and I can remember us going to buy him them (expensive they were) for a joint Christmas present.

Granny Sue said...

I like your design. It is going to be stunning.
I never heard of borlotti beans. And chestnuts ..are they the same as over here? Sounds like an interesting soup.