Thursday 1 August 2024

The path...and the path ahead

 Is now clear...I did this sitting on a small folding kitchen stool..working backwards so that I couldn't see what hadn't been cleared!!

It all needs a going over with the pressure washer...which I need to learn how to use...


This was this afternoon's section.

Which makes the garden look cared for even without doing anything else that needs attention!
A run to the Cowp ( recycling centre... rubbish tip... whatever!) tomorrow with old tents (daughter's tent that came to its end two weeks ago) old folding chairs, a gazebo frame, cardboard, small dead electricals and four bags of green waste...which will return with free compost as usual.

I was reading Kath from Glastonbury 's post on farcebook....she doesn't blog now...about her brother saving his old shirts for her to make patchwork quilts..
Inspiration...I will make a summer quilt from all the shirts that I have sewn buttons back on, mended, turned collars and cuffs.
I started after supper.
It feels most odd deconstructing a shirt that you have done your best to keep it going!


8 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

What a wonderful use of old shirts, and you are just the creative person to make a good quilt out of them. The pathways looking clear are really satisfying.

Joanne Noragon said...

The path is looking great. A lot of hard work!
My sister uses old men's shirts for her quilts.

Debby said...

What a nice idea. Jenny is a quilter too. I wonder if she's given this a thought.

JayCee said...

A nice neat garden path. It should come up well after pressure washing. Our old patio looked like new when we did it.
A lovely idea about the shirt quilt. It will keep you even busier though!.

Bovey Belle said...

Good for you with the hard work on that pathway (I have to face up to The Bank). What a lovely idea about the quilt from Pirate's old shirts. That's something that Keith rarely wore - he was a t-shirts and jumper sort of bloke. I was working on the Baltimore quilt whilst Keith was so ill though - I sat beside him and hand quilted one of the borders - and hand stitched all the applique in place in the evenings when we were still at Ynyswen and watched tv together, so that will be my memory quilt I think. I have to cut out the other two borders today and pin them to the batting and backing and then I can work on those in the evenings.

Tom said...

...lots of work!

Susan said...

Your walkway is looking very fine. Making a quilt sounds like a great way to recycle the shirts.

Granny Sue said...

You constantly impress me.